Friday, September 2, 2011

New Iron

Sept 2, 2011

I'm going to date all my posts this month.
I'd really like to blog something every day.
We'll see how that works out.
I'm not sure I can come up with 30 days worth of things to talk about!

But for today, you get to hear about my new iron.
My old iron died back in the spring.
It still works, but the steam only seems to be intermittant.
And it wasn't very hot, in my opinion.
It was old anyway....I couldn't even tell you how old.
Although I'm sure my mother would comment that hers was older and still working.

Anyway-
I bought a Shark iron after that.
And it was hot and steamy!
Until it died.
Less then 3 months after I had it.
I was using it, and it was working.
2 minutes later, not working.
Talk about frustrating.
I  knew I should have bought a Rowenta, but I really hadn't wanted to spend that much money on it.
This time, I was going to buy a Rowenta.
When they went on sale at Joann's.
And, of course, I had no clue when that would be.

So, I returned the Shark iron.
Did some errands.
Decided to run into Kohl's for some new jeans and maybe boots.
DOH! Kohl's carries small applicances!
Not only did they have a Rowenta iron, they had about 4 to choose from.
They showed but didn't have the Steamium model.
If they had it, I probably would have gotten it.
But the next model down was the Pro Master.

And they had that one in stock.
So it came home with me.
And I love it!
Its hot.
Its steamy.
It irons cotton WONDERFULLY.
And I can get a facial at the same time I am ironing.
Happy Friday, friends.

1 comment:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very nice! I have a travel Rowenta, a model similiar to yours and the big boy steamer one. LOVE that steamer one. It's the only one that I use now.