I have gotten alot done today!
I've been working on the placemats for my sister.
I got the dresden plates completely put together by lunchtime.
Then I sat down with a pen and paper and worked out what sizes I needed
to make the placemat. I had an ideal size in my head, but I hadn't
yet written down what size I needed the different
strips and blocks.
I got everything cut out except the binding.
I decided at the last minute to use wonder under underneath the
middle circles, so I got that cut and adhered onto the backside
of the circles. Then I centered the plate on the 10" square, got the circle on where
it belongs and ironed again.
Paused for a quick run to the library with my daughter.
Came home and appliqued the circles onto the middle of the plates.
They look good, I am really happy with them.
Next, I'll add the side borders (2) and then the top and bottom. Then, quilt and bind.
I'm hoping to get the rest of the piecing done tonight and maybe,
possibly, start the quilting tomorrow, in between the feast making.