Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Madness

My goodness! I looked at my last blog post and it was in February! Nothing like a little March Madness to get in the way of blogging!

The truth is, I haven't been quilting! Sad, I know.

But worth it! My daughter's drama play heated up to full boil the last two weeks, culminating in a 4 day show that ended on Sunday. Being a "drama mama" meant I was at each rehersal the past 2 weeks getting them ready on go on stage.  It also meant my quilting got mostly ignored.

Its still dark out, but I'll take some pics later and get them posted.

I do have the second quilt for my brother's new baby just about finished. Its needs a touch more quilting, then bind and wash and we'll be all set!

My biggest news is that I bought a new sewing machine! I had bought a Singer Quilting Confidence back over the fall and thought I liked it. But then I had some bad things happen with it :(  Singer's quality has gone downhill over the years and I'm not sure I'll buy from them again.  Makes me sad as I love my old Singer, its a workhorse.

So (sew! haha!), I bought a Brother NX 800, Limited Edition Laura Ashley. I got it from a LQS.  So far all I've done is play with it, but I'm sure I'm going to love it.

Let's see, what else. I'm behind on the Bloggers Quilt Along. By like 7 blocks! Ugh. My March table square is half quilted, but I'm not sure I love it, so I don't know what I'll do with it. My March runner is pieced but needs quilted....I think that is on my to do list today.

OHHHH! And! I'm converting the downstairs bedroom into a sewing room! It used to belong to my youngest daughter, but she got lonely being the only one in the basement so she moved upstairs into her brother's room last spring. So, now it occasionally get's used for guest's, but that is it. Now its a sewing room :) Again, I'll take pics later!

My goal for the week is to quilt that March table runner, finish quilting the 2nd baby quilt, and get that bound and washed, and do so more work straightening my new sewing room.  It'll happen. At least some of it!

5 comments:

matthew john said...

123.hp.com/setup 2652

Ritchie ken said...

123.hp.com/setup 6968

Franklin said...

123.hp.com/dj2634

Alex williams said...

Great Content here some tips regarding HP Printer, To access the various features of this printer from your Windows 10 computer, you have to install the compatible drivers for it on your computer For details Navigate to www.123.hp.com to install the driver for windows.

kelvin said...

At that point you need a security programming to get ensure it just as secure in the event that you are PC information it's exceptionally significant. presently simply visit AVG official site www.avg.com/retail and enact AVG as quickly as time permits with the goal that you can remain ensured.