Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm Tired

...Its Saturday night and I'm tired.
I got some quilting done this morning and more later in the afternoon,
but I'm just too tired to want to do much right now.

I finished the mug rug/snack mat that I was making for hubby.
The applique was tougher then I thought it would be,
and it didn't turn out great, but its cute
and he likes it.

I got 2 borders sewn onto my king size quilt.
Now I need the "busy" border and 2 more plain ones
before its done. I am really pleased with how it is turning out.
And again, I'm thinking of quilting it myself.
I have no idea why I keep going back and forth.
I probably won't make a final decision until the top is
100% complete. Which, I am hoping, should be by next week.

The spring/Easter table runner is still
rattling around in my head. I have no idea what I want to do
for it.

I stopped at the fabric store today.
Bought a few fat quarters and browsed the flannel.
I really miss that flannel quilt I made for my nephew,
so I'm going to make another for myself.
Except I think I'm going to go with a rag quilt.
Putting that on my mental to do list.

And, because I am tired and lacking motivation,
I browsed the Flickr group for the Spring
Block A Palooza.
OMGosh, so many cute finishes!
Really makes me want to finish mine, but I'm just not thrilled
with all the blocks that were designed.
But I do love the Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda fabric,
so I want to make sure I love how the final quilt turns out.
Another thing to think on.

I need to go to sleep, but its too early.
I could go quilt, but I am really bad at it when I'm this tired.
Maybe I'll go find a book and a hot cup of tea.

No comments: