Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Seven

Well, heck! I don't know where the week went! I can tell you that I didn't spend a minute of it sewing, darn it! And since I didn't post all week and even missed my Friday Five, you're getting a Saturday Seven. But it has to be quick, since I have to leave soon!


  1. Big news! Samantha got accepted into 2 colleges this week! Both offered scholarships, but neither are her top two choices, so we're still waiting to hear from them. But, its so exciting and she is just beside herself! Yeah, she's going to college!
  2. Hubby got his orders for a new job. That's great news for him, but its going to mean a major upheaval for everyone else. We're lucky we got to stay in this area for so long (8 years!), but its going to be hard to leave. Now I have to see about finding a new house and possibly a new school district. We're on the fence about homeschooling our youngest daughter...at least hubby is, I'm not, I think she should be homeschooled, but we'll see how that shakes out. For now, we're in the planning stages.
  3. Graduation quilt update: the 38 6x10 blocks are half done....I must have worked on those last weekend. All that will be left is the 15 6x6 blocks and then assemble and borders. Its getting there, but not quickly if I don't get any sewing done.
  4. Nick starts his swimming class today, which is why I need to hurry up! He's excited about it! He's a great swimmer, but he loves to be underwater and this will help him work on his surface strokes.
  5. The reason I've been missing this week is because everyone has been home! MLKJr day on Monday, then we had snow days on Tues and Weds, 2 hour delays Thurs and Fri, and hubby and my daycare baby have been sick. Its been hectic!
  6. I finally got christmas packed up and in bins. This year has been horrible with procrastination as it had to packed better then usual since I knew a move was in our future. It took me 3+ hours to get it all wrapped up and put away. Now hubby needs to get the bins out into the shed, but since he's sick, I guess I'll give him a break.
  7. And, LOL, my big news of the week is my son got a haircut! 3 years growing it out and 30 minutes to cut it off! He looks like a different kid!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Ugh. Moving. No fun! Sounds like things are really busy for you!