Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014

This is my first post since Jan 1, LAST YEAR!
That makes me a bad blogger.
I'll do a year in review and then we're going to move on and past it and start over!
I did go back and reread my goals for the year.
My personal goals were to:
Blog more often.
Lose 10 pounds.
Find and stick to an exercise plan.
Obviously, I didn't blog more often. I was really sick with my migraines at the beginning of the year and that kept me down and out. Then, I was running around like a chicken without a head when I finally got on some meds that worked and it was time for my daughter to graduate from high school. Lots of family staying here, graduation, parties, senior events, it was a whirlwind.
After that, the longer I stayed away, the harder it got to want to post a blog. I was embarrassed at how long it had been. Now, I am just starting over!
Losing 10 pounds....well, I did do that. I lost some weight when I was so sick last winter, but then I think I gained it back when I started feeling better. Being sick is an awful way to lose anyway. But this fall, I went on a migraine diet which eliminated so many things that I did lose about 9 pounds that I am managing to keep off. Of course, the Christmas cookies are not helping! LOL
I'll get back on track soon!
And exercise, schmexercise! I don't have time!
My sewing goals were:
Valentines quilt top
Allies quilt
Sew Spooky
More bags
Etsy Shop
I'll have to see if I can take some pictures, 2013 was actually not too bad of a quilt year, if you don't mind that I got most of them done in the first half of the year.
I did finish my Valentines quilt, and in time for Valentines day. The top was done, but it needed basted and quilted and I did it. Not only did I do it, but I free motion quilted the whole thing. It was the first time I've FMQ something that big (twin size) and I love how it turned out.
I also basted and quilted Allie's quilt. Again, the top was done, but with company coming for graduation, getting her quilt on her bed was a priority. This one was a full size and I just straight line quilted it.
Swoon....I think I only had 1 block done.....maybe 2 or 3, if I can recall what was on my sewing room wall. (looking back in my blog, I see a post from April 2012 where I say I have 2 blocks done! So, I think I had 3 done at this point.) Anyway, I finished the other 6 blocks, set them with the borders and sent it off to be quilted. This was another priority so that it would be on my bed by the time company got here for graduation.
Sew Spooky...well, that's not exactly done. I finished the applique and got the quilt top done and basted. And I have the whole middle FMQ. But I ran out of steam when it came time to straight line quilt the bat borders. So, its on the back burner (again) until next year, when I can hopefully pull it out and finish it.
I made a few new fun bags. I think 3 and they were all the same, just different fabric.
And I put nothing in my Etsy Shop.
Looking back, it doesn't seem like I did too bad!
Now its time to take my daughter to work, so I'll have to update you more later.
Happy New Year!